Creative Education Producer Call
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in developing & building relationships between Create Sheffield and the education sector in Sheffield, including producing elements for an online festival in association with Learn Sheffield in September 2021. Deadline for applications midnight on Sunday 4 July 2021.
Our ambitions for the Creative Education Producer role are;
- To communicate effectively with our education colleagues across the city
- To gather knowledge gleaned to develop an ongoing strategy for educational engagement
- To clarify how best to support and work with our education colleagues in the future
- To excite and enthuse our education colleagues about the power and potential of arts and creativity in education
- To ensure our education colleagues know about and are engaged with Create Sheffield as a Cultural Education Partnership
Create Sheffield (the name for Sheffield’s Cultural and Education Partnership) is a charitable company formed to ensure that all children and young people in Sheffield can experience and participate in high quality arts, creative, cultural and place-based learning provision. We are supported by IVE, the Bridge Organisation for Yorkshire & the Humber, Counter Context, Learn Sheffield, Sheffield Museums Trust, Sheffield Theatres, The Sheffield College, Sheffield Hallam University and Sheffield Virtual School for Children Looked After.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced professional to help drive forward the education strategy for Create Sheffield. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and credible advocate for the power of the arts in education. We seek someone with recent experience of working in education or the cultural sector who understands issues currently facing schools and learning settings. The role will involve working with senior education leaders as well as teachers, and so the successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, as well as understanding partnership working.
Role Fee based freelance contract (We would also consider supporting a secondment from a school for this role.)
Reports to Create Sheffield Programme Manager
- The Creative Education Producer will manage and coordinate connections with education professionals (early years professionals, early career teachers, experienced teachers, senior leaders) to understand their needs and to co-produce ideas for the September festival.
- The Creative Education Producer will manage and coordinate connections with arts & cultural professionals to co-produce ideas for the September festival.
- The Creative Education Producer will pull these co-created ideas into elements of an online festival programme, to be delivered alongside Learn Sheffield. The festival elements will begin the ‘Big Cultural Conversation’ for Create Sheffield, informing the charitable company’s education strategy moving forward.
- The Creative Education Producer will work alongside the Programme Manager and the Evaluator to gather data from initial conversations, and from what is suggested during the festival, that will shape ongoing relationships between Create Sheffield, the education sector and the arts and cultural sector in Sheffield.
- Following the festival and responding to needs outlined by the initial research phase and the festival, the Creative Education Producer will support ongoing half termly creative education groups for teachers and arts professionals.
- The establishment of the Creative Education Producer role allows Create Sheffield to find ways to connect to our education colleagues across the city, and to ensure that Create Sheffield clearly understands the best ways to support the education sector moving forwards, whether this is through CPD, signposting or bespoke support to enrich the curriculum.
- The post holder will establish connections between senior education leaders and teachers in the following areas: SEND, early years, infant, primary and secondary and college settings across the city. They will ensure that representatives from each group gather to be part of the festival, including CPD sessions, panel discussions and key-note speakers, so that the work of Create Sheffield and broader context of the cultural education sector in Sheffield can be shared and advised by these meetings.
- The post holder will work alongside arts and cultural partners across the city, to devise and develop sessions for the festival following connection with education colleagues. Where appropriate, these sessions can be co-created between arts & cultural partners and education colleagues.
- The post holder will design and deliver sessions for the 3-week festival alongside other Create Sheffield and Learn Sheffield staff.
- All contacts made by the post holder will be added to Create Sheffield database/newsletter with the relevant permissions.
- Through their work on the co-creation and design of the festival, the post holder will understand the appropriate means of contact and support required for education colleagues, and these will inform the future direction of support work offered for colleagues from October onwards. Create Sheffield hopes to understand the level of support required by education colleagues and whether this is something that might be monetised going forwards.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email to Programme Manager, Sophie Hunter firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 4 July 2021 with:
1. either a cover letter outlining what you would bring to this role and why you’re the right person together with your CV. Please indicate your availability for interview on 12/13 July in your cover letter, and when you would be available to begin the contract.
2. or a short film of no more than 4 minutes outlining what you would bring to this role, and why you’re the right person, together with your CV. Please indicate your availability for interview on 12/13 July, and when you would be available to begin the contract.
· This is an open call. Interviews will take place on Zoom with shortlisted candidates on 12/13 July before making an appointment.
· Sophie Hunter, Programme Manager is happy to answer questions, either by email email@example.com or phone 07869 332331.