Call-out for Artists & Illustrators
We are on a mission to revamp our website and enhance our marketing materials to create a visual narrative that represents Sheffield's rich artistic and cultural scene.
The primary focus is on creative activities and experiences for children and young people, with an emphasis on inclusivity and representation of Sheffield’s diverse communities.
We want a set of illustrations that can help us achieve this goal by visually communicating the following key elements:
- Performing Arts - Illustrations of children and young people actively engaged in dance, theatre, music, and other performing arts activities in Sheffield.
- Visual Arts - A representation of the local art scene, including galleries, exhibitions, and young artists at work.
- Cultural Heritage - Depicting historical sites, landmarks, and traditions integral to Sheffield's heritage.
- Creativity - Capturing the spirit of innovation and creativity in Sheffield, such as makerspaces and workshops.
- Inclusivity and Diversity - Ensuring that the illustrations reflect the diverse communities of Sheffield, representing various backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, and genders - but with a focus on children and young people.
- The illustrations should be in a digital format suitable for web use and high-resolution printing.
- We are looking for 5 illustrations that can be used collectively in a banner format for the website as well as separately or in different groupings across the website and other marketing materials.
- The budget for the project is £1250 inclusive of VAT
- The timeline for the proposal is Monday 20 November 2023
- The completed illustrations should be with us no later than Monday 8 January 2024
For your initial proposal please supply the following:
- Outline of ideas and approach
- Portfolio of previous work
The Create Sheffield manager and admin assistant will evaluate all received proposals based on your portfolio, outline of ideas and approach, and availability. Please also state the number of amends included in the budget.
We look forward to receiving your proposal and potentially working with you on this exciting project!
Should you have any questions or require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Katie at Katie@createsheffield.co.uk
Please email your proposal to Katie@createsheffield.co.uk