A message to teachers and educators..
A message to teachers, educators and schools from your Local Cultural Education Partnership, Create Sheffield...
Create Sheffield exists to support opportunities for all children and young people to have access to the arts and culture.
One of the ways that Create Sheffield works with schools is through the Arts Council England’s Artsmark award. We are partnering with IVE to support a network of thirty Sheffield schools, who are engaged on a 2-year journey to embed arts and culture through the Artsmark process. It’s a really broad group including Infant, Junior, Primary, Secondary and Special schools, as well as the Inclusion Unit and Youth Justice service, and there are representatives in every Locality. You can read more about Artsmark here.
Here are lots of other ways we are here to be helpful to teachers and schools:
- We have information specifically for teachers and educators on how you might engage with us.
- Our Sheffield Adventures & #homeadventures are full of creative ideas useful for your home environment and ones that will take you all around our wonderful city.
- Our arts and cultural Partners are doing amazing work with young people across Sheffield. Take a look at their profiles to view their events, stories and read about what they offer. Our Partners do work ranging from theatre and dance, computer science and coding, to circus and visual arts. Filter them using our tags feature to help find what you want.
- We ran a special collection of Stories this summer called the Adaptation Series, where we asked cultural practitioners how they had changed their practice to respond to the Covid-19 situation, what innovations they were proud of, and what had been successful enough to repeat. These Stories include ways in which artists propose to work with schools in their Recovery Curriculum.
- Our Lockdown Resources page is home to useful information and creative resources that we have gathered to help you support children and young people in Sheffield during this period of isolation and home-learning.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Resources page is full of great resources, organisations, people and ideas included to help us explore and educate ourselves on many topics including race, identity, diversity, inclusion and representation.
- We send out a newsletter every 6 weeks. You can sign up here.
Create Sheffield knows that the teaching of drama, music, technology and art are suddenly more complex in this time of ever-changing social distancing guidelines. Do get in touch about any areas where you think they can provide you with extra help and support.
Sophie Hunter & Daina Heaton, Create Sheffield