Greentop Community Circus Centre
Greentop is a charity dedicated to circus arts. Working from our purposed fitted out circus centre in Brightside, we have over 20 years experience of professional circus training, youth circus and tailor made wellbeing programmes and events for schools, communities and business.
Circus is a really exciting way to engage young people, particularly those with different approaches to learning. Enjoyment, challenge and sense of wonder makes it a unique way to develop physical and mental wellbeing, social and creative abilities - what we like to call "readiness skills", including trust, confidence and determination.
We offer a range of programmes for ages 5 - 18, both at our purpose-fitted centre or at your school:
- Single workshop events in skills including tightwire, acrobatic balancing, juggling and stilt walking.
- Bespoke circus programme: tailor made to enrich particular curriculum areas PE and sports events, science, history, maths and music, or focus on particular soft skills or pupil groups. We work in partnership with Sheffield University's National Circus Archive
- After school club /parent-family activities.
These can be supported by CPD and interventions in assembly or performances. Outcomes can include certificates of achievement, photo opportunities and provision of equipment for ongoing activity.
Youth Circus at Greentop
A range of circus classes at Greentop in aerial skills, acrobatics and skills from juggling to wire walking. Age appropriate classes for 3 - 18 years old.
Classes take place in half term blocks in line with school terms:
- Weekly Classes: After school Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and all day Saturday)
- Home Education Groups : Tuesdays 4 - 5.30
- Circus Minis: For 3 - 8 years Monthly: Sunday 9.30am -10.30am
- Spectrum Circus: Autism Friendly Classes fortnighly: Sunday 1.00 - 2.30pm 4 - 7 year olds 3.00 - 4.30pm 8 - 13 year olds
- Neighbourhood programme: For 8- 12 year olds in walking distance of Greentop's Grimesthorpe base
- Specialist 1 -2-1 tuition
- Membership of Greentop’s performance company for 15 young aspiring performers aged 11–25 years
Two days of aerial trapeze and silks, acrobalance and circus skills. With some fun warm ups, warm downs and games. Suitable for ages 8 - 16yrs, with or without previous experience. 9.30am - 4.00pm each half term and holiday. Summer holidays include a week long programme leading to a show. Greentop is a Children's University learning destination.
Community and family events
Greentop has a wide range of circus performers and tutors who can provide shows for family and children’s audiences, stilt walkers and other walkabout entertainment, and circus workshops for festivals, galas and fun days.
Parties, and family celebrations
Greentop offers Circus parties with a choice of skill focus both at Greentop or other centres that can be accompanied by performances.