Information for young people
- Maybe you like making art or making music?
- Maybe you like to perform or you like to be in the audience?
- Maybe you want to know more about how to get involved in creative stuff that’s going on around Sheffield?
- Maybe you want to know how to get into a creative career?
- Maybe you’re clear about what it is you want to do, and think we might be able to help you?
Create Sheffield is here to help all young people and children in Sheffield find out about and engage with all the brilliant creative things that there are on offer in our city.
What can I do?
Youth voice is at the heart of what we do and we want young people’s voices to lead and inform all of our work at Create Sheffield. If you are interested in writing a Story, Adventure or taking over our social media, get in touch we would love to hear from you
1. Check out our Partner pages - these are artists and companies that work with children and young people in Sheffield. They’ve all got different things to offer - activities, events, groups to join, work experience placements. (And if you already know about artists or companies in Sheffield who aren’t part of our list but you think they should be - please tell us! This list is just the beginning…)
2. Read our Stories - these will tell you more about our Partners and the work they do. Have you been involved in a creative project in the city? Why don't you write about it - what did you do? What did you get out of being part of it? Then send it to us - we could feature it on our website as a story.
3. Try out our Adventures which help people explore, make and create in Sheffield. During Covid-19 lockdown, we added lots of fantastic #homeadventures filled with creative ideas useful for your home environment too. Use the hashtags to tell us when you’ve tried them out, and tell us what you think. If you fancy writing your own Adventure, we’d love to hear from you…
4. Sign up to our newsletter - it’ll tell you more about what’s happening.
6. Tell us more about what you want to know or do or understand… we’re looking at Creative Careers, for example - what would you like to know more about?