Artists & Companies
Information for arts & cultural organisations, artists and creative practitioners
Create Sheffield is here to offer support and promotion for Sheffield-based artists, creative practitioners and arts & cultural organisations who work with children and young people aged 0-24.
Create Sheffield leads a movement that you’re invited to join. We want to help ALL young people aged 0-24 to have the opportunities to engage with the arts, culture and creativity. We are focused on creating a joined-up, coherent and visible arts and cultural offer whilst ensuring the sharing of resources and knowledge is easier and more effective.
Why does it matter?
“Involvement with arts and culture is crucial to imagination, self-expression and creativity in young people. It also develops the skills that fuel the success of the UK’s creative industries, and that will result in the next generation of creative talent across the country “. Arts Council England
You can read more about why cultural education matters, how we are going to solve the problems and more here.
How does Create Sheffield work?
- We aim to make partnerships easier by helping schools, teachers, arts organisations, artists and young people to connect with each other, understand each other’s needs and to dream and plan together.
- We celebrate what is happening in our city by making the work you do more visible, showcasing accessible and inspirational learning and participation opportunities and ‘normalising’ creativity, arts and culture.
- Through analysis and research we are looking at where are the gaps in creative opportunities for young people, looking at those who aren't getting a chance and how can we ensure they do.
- We offer support through shared city-wide planning, training and development opportunities, joint funding bids, audience analysis and co-production.
So how do I get involved with Create Sheffield?
- You can sign up to our regular newsletter to find out more about what we do, and search through the website to get a feel for that too.
- Check out our social media feeds Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- If you’d like to get more involved, and you are an artist or arts/cultural organisation that works with children and young people, you could apply to join our pool of Partners.
Why would I want to become a Partner?
- Get the chance to influence and be part of shared programming for young people (0-24) across Sheffield (including our City of Young Makers festivals).
- We will share and celebrate the work you do - in person, in our newsletter, on the website, via social media. Take a look at our current Partners, their Stories and Events.
- Have the opportunity to meet other creatives and educators from a broad range of sectors who produce work for children and young people.
- Access training and information.
- Gain a city-wide understanding through data sharing and research
The application process to become one of our Partners is easy (and free of charge) and you’d be joining a wonderful multi-disciplinary crew from across Sheffield.
Just fill out our Partner Application Form and we will get back to you
More details about becoming a Partner can be found in our Partner Flyer
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter too.