From My World to Yours
Your task is to explore your local area (indoors or outdoors) and re-imagine it as a fantasy world. You can use our daily prompts below for inspiration, or if you’re a super storyteller, create your own fantasy world!
To help you on your Adventure, below is an Explorer’s Checklist of 20 things to find and try to include in your fantasy world.
To make your fantasy world even more exciting, try and mix up the items that you find. You could choose to find 8 to 10 things to find for your world. Or if you’re up for a real challenge, try and find all 20!
Our Daily Prompts
If you need some inspiration, why not use our daily imaginings as the starting point for your exploration?
- For Monday, imagine that you’ve woken up to discover that everything is underwater.
- On Tuesday, you’re a super secret spy! What is your mission?
- Wednesday is the day that you crash landed on a planet. What does the planet look like? Are there any aliens?
- For Thursday, pretend that you’ve been transported into the last film or tv show you watched.
- Friday is the day when you wake up with superpowers! What are your powers and how do you use them?
- On Saturday, everyone you know has been transformed into animals!
- For Sunday, imagine that you’ve been transported 100 years into the future. What is the world like?
Make a Map
Every explorer knows how important maps are! So why don’t you make one that shows where you went on your Adventure? Don’t be afraid to make it look different to real maps. Your fantasy version of your local area is unique to you, so your map can be too.
If a map isn’t your thing, then how about making a postcard? You could draw what you imagine a place within your world would look like and write a short story about it! The choice is yours!
Share your fantasy map using #MySheffieldWorld
Earn CU Credits with Sheffield Adventures
Head to 'explore more' at the bottom of the page for instructions on claiming your Children's University Credits.